Quality in Manufacturing
Valent BioSciences is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. Quality assurance, the consistent field performance of our products, and customer satisfaction are our top priorities. VBC products are manufactured using a proprietary fermentation process and post-fermentation product recovery techniques that VBC has been perfecting for more than forty years.
VBC fermentation is a multi-day process that has its roots in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Each batch is worked into a slurry concentrate by micro-filtration, evaporation, centrifuge, or a combination of techniques. The slurry is then dried and milled to form the technical powder, which provides the active ingredients for our formulations. Stringent in-process monitoring and product testing ensure product performance and consistency.
Sophisticated management of several key variables results in the quality and dependability of our finished products:
- Strain and culture purity (microbials)
- Type and concentration of raw materials
- Method of feed
- Sterilization of lines and tanks
- Sterilization of growth media
- Continuous monitoring of oxygen level
- Continuous monitoring of pH
- Continuous monitoring of pressure and temperature
- Cycle time
- Frequency of in-process sampling
- Quality of intentionally-added inerts ingredients (surfactants, buffers, spreaders, stickers)